Which camcorder CCD, External mic, 720p, Memory card.

danielbb

Standard Member
Hi im looking for camcorder options.

CCD
External mic input
must support 720p
Mem card.
<£300

Im looking to buying a secondhand cam, maybe used on a motorbike every now and then, so must me CCD. Thats also why id like an external mic input/memorycard recording. I cant see me wanting anything higher than res than 720p.

The panasonic SD1 looks interesting. Any know of any others?

Many thanks

Last edited:

danielbb

Standard Member
£200 boxed, like new. Im happy :) uploaded a few test clips to youtube to see how it handle the file type, it did well.

Need a 16gb sd a bigger battery, a wide lens and a bike mount next :D

axiomprime

What is it with you people and your wide angle lenses? Martial-arts, free-running, skate-boarding or any other hyphenated action footage always seems to have been shot in a non-Euclidean dimension.

senu

Distinguished Member
What is it with you people and your wide angle lenses? Martial-arts, free-running, skate-boarding or any other hyphenated action footage always seems to have been shot in a non-Euclidean dimension.
:laugh:
They are fast moving Actions and require looking from side to side a lot. Wide angle means less camera movt and panning
In fact what ( would you say) is the point of widescreen TV?:laugh:

axiomprime

It also exaggerates the distance between foreground and background so it looks more exciting when someone does a spinkick close to the lens. Good stuff.

danielbb

Standard Member
lol

I have a t7200 2ghz core 2 du laptop. I assumed id be able to playback the footage, im having problems lol! Is this normal? proper stuttering, the cpu is at 90% splash player seems to be better, maybe its cdec efficiency

Last edited:

danielbb

Standard Member
my main laptop with same prcessor handles it fine even in wmp :D So all it well, thats mate.

The encoding takes a while, might have to look at a pc if i get into it.

edit: this has a standalone gpu too, only a x1300 though.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom