1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Camcorder - Advice Please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by SIP, Oct 23, 2005.

1. SIP

SIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I am now in the market for a new camcorder. My trusty Sony Hi8 can finally have a rest after years of faithful service.

I have a budget of £500.00 and I am interested in the models that record in widescreen. My old Hi8 can be switched into 16:9 which does actually work, except the picture downgrades by about 40%, which makes using it pointless.
    The model that has caught my eye is the DCR-HC39, and I wondered if the wide aspect is any good on this camera. I am not bothered by bags of features, as most things I can add by PC afterward, my main concern is good picture quality.
    Recently I have seen the Panasonic NVGS 75B on sale for under £400.00 which impressed me for a 3CCD camera. I also read on a site that this camera can record in 16:9 although there is no mention of this on Panasonic's website (can it do this ?).
    Please can anyone throw some light on which camera would suit me the best, or an alternative model that will satisfy my needs.

Thanks

SIP