Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Hopeing someone will be able to offer me some advice

I need to buy the following :

2 Scart to Scart cables for Sky+ and Sony DVD recorder
1 DVI to HDMI cable for connectin my Powerbook

All to connect to my Sony 40V2000

I don't mind spending a little but not a fortune. For the scarts - i was considering the QED AV2110.

I can heartly recomend the QED AV2110. I have 2 and i found that they're an excellent quality cable with a noticable difference in picture quality to a "no name" cable.

is there realy a difference in picture quality of using different cables?
from what iv heard its eather the digital signal doesnt get there or it does no down side in quality.

I'd have to agree. I've tried a more expensive cable and a cheap freebie cable I got in the box with an upscaling DVD player. Neither produced any cable-specific image problems.

For analogue video I'd get something reassuringly non-cheap (ie not incredibly expensive but not 2.99 either).

cool - so reckon thats the scarts sorted - what about the dvi to hdmi?? couldnt see anything on that belkin link

phatspider said:
cool - so reckon thats the scarts sorted - what about the dvi to hdmi?? couldnt see anything on that belkin link

I would strongly recommend the QED HDMIP cable, you can get for £37 if you shop around and is miles better than anything Belkin offer.

Lyris said:
I'd have to agree. I've tried a more expensive cable and a cheap freebie cable I got in the box with an upscaling DVD player. Neither produced any cable-specific image problems.

For analogue video I'd get something reassuringly non-cheap (ie not incredibly expensive but not 2.99 either).

I'd disagree, i found the picture to be brighter and sharper with the QED cables.

If you go and spend 2k on a TV why put up with a £2.50 cable? After all you wouldn't put a £20 set of re-moulds on a Ferrari would you??

biglee said:
you wouldn't put a £20 set of re-moulds on a Ferrari would you??
Very true, but you wouldn't put bullet proof all-terrain tyres on either :rotfl: : Meaning, you don't have to get a second mortgage to upgrade your inter-connects.

If like me, you have champagne tastes, but lemonade pockets, Ixos do some reasonably priced leads. Also, Thor (for scarts, at least) the're a bit bulky but they do make a considerable difference to the scart leads from Poundland*

(before I get flamed by all the QED fans, QED leads are nice too:thumbsup: )

*Never actually tried, but I think this assumption is quite safe

I'd disagree, i found the picture to be brighter and sharper with the QED cables.
Do you mean for an analogue video standard?

Unless I missed something, I'd be surprised if that was the case with HDMI - so I'm going to have to politely ask, are you sure it's not a placebo effect?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom