• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Which cables please?!

wolverine73

Novice Member
Hello everyone.

Just purchased a new freeview box that is Internet enabled and this bit of it works fine however the ordinary signal for tv is not good so purchased a booster box.

Ive connected from the freeview box to the booster using a coaxial cable and I've used the same cable type to connect from the booster to the walksocket aerial input but my freeview receiver says "The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak".

I'm not entirely sure that the coaxial cable I have connected up is sufficient - would this be the correct one to use for all connections or are the metal ones more suitable?

Cable Mountain 2m Gold Plated Male to Male Plug to Plug Shielded TV Coaxial Aerial Cable - Black:Amazon.co.uk:Electronics

Thanks in advance for any help

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I'd try both your individual cables between your freeview box and the wall socket. That'll tell you which of the two is broken. If they both work then I'd suspect the booster box is dodgy rather than the cable.

I'm not entirely sure that the coaxial cable I have connected up is sufficient - would this be the correct one to use for all connections or are the metal ones more suitable?

Metal ones? I don't think you can get non-metal cables.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom