Which cables for new wall mount install

W

will75

Hi all,

I'm new to this, and have just wall mounted my Sony KDL32V2000. Before I make good all the holes in the wall (having run my 5.1 speaker cables around the lounge) I would welcome some advice on what cables to run to the TV.

The Sony has:
1 x HDMI
1 x Component RCAs + 1 x pair audio in
2 x Scart (only one is RGB I think)
1 x pair audio out
1 x VGA in
1 x RF in

At the moment, I am only using the built-in Freeview tuner, but am hoping for an upscaling DVD for Xmas :thumbsup:. I am also considering the Sony XL-201 or 202 MCE PC sometime next year.

My question is essentially this. Is it really worth running one of everything, or should I embrace the digital age and simply run one HDMI, audio out (for the surround sound (obviously the RF) and maybe component?

The alternative of running Scart leads as well has the potential to make the otherwise neat install look very messy.

All suggestions or thoughts would be very welcome.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
It would depend on what you are connecting. Do you have a separate AV receiver/amp for instance? If so, what is the model and what connections does it have. If you want to use an AV receiver for video switching/upconversion (and upscaling on higher end models) then you could run the video/audio to the AV receiver and in theory run one HDMI cable to the TV (plus audio from TV to AV receiver for sound from the Freeview tuner).

W

will75

Thanks davepuma.

At the moment I have only an antique Bose Lifestyle 12, so no ability to switch video sources. I guess this is something to consider when I look at upgrading.

1 x HDMI seems to be fine, but I wonder whether I would need a scart lead for a cable/sky box, or whether the Sony MCE PC can cope with DVB-C - in which case one HDMI might be all I need.

I will post in the relevant forum.

thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom