1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which cables are best for the dollar?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by spideymon, Jun 24, 2004.

1. spideymon

spideymon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello out there! I just purchased a rear projection TV (43 inch Toshiba) and need some advice on what brand/quality of cables I should buy? The store clerks seem to really push the "Monster" brand cables which I'm sure are good, but is there anything a bit less...well....pricey that will do the same job? Also, is a high end power-bar with a good signal loss system better or more important?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers, Spideymon! :D

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Monster cable ( id have to check which model it might be Video 1 not sure but it cost £70 ) anyways its very good build quality and looks stylish, personally i was a sucker for buying it as i believe lower priced cables would have given me the same results but Monster do make decent cables.

The store clerks push the Monster brand because theyre on commission, personally i advise you do a search online and buy from online as it'll be cheaper.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Spidy,

Glad you're not spoiling the ship by using the cheapo scarts provided!

As you probably realise, you can spend literally hundreds of £ on cables, but the main consideration is whether YOU can tell the difference.

It's a purely personal choice, but I've found the IXOS flat scart cables to be a good compromise.

They look good, are well made, fit easily behind the equipment (being flat) and can be obtained in 0.75M lengths.

Best of all, at around £30, they enable Tight Git to keep his reputation. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.