• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which cable to connect VP to projector?

alcarmichael

My iScan HD+ video processor has 2 ouputs, DVI or VGA. Which would be the best cable to use to connect it to my sim2 30H projector? Projectors inputs are VGA, Component, HDMI.

a. DVI - HDMI
b. VGA - VGA
c. VGA - component

Phlog

Normally the DVI to HDMI should be best, since it's a digitial to digitial connection. The others involve changing from digital to analogue and back again in the projector.

alcarmichael

Yes, DVI - HDMI was my initial thought also, since then I've read some people prefer analogue cables to digital one's. :confused:

MarkTaylor

It is often a question of where you want the A/D D/A conversions to take place so you make best use of the highest quality components.

I'd suspect that in your case the iScan is the best place to have any conversion taking place so you'd want to send the digital output from that to the projector.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You also have to factor in that some of your Content will limit you to using an HDCP encrypted Digital Output so HDMI is likely going to be your least cost option.

If budget allows you may want to install an Analogue + a Digital cable - not everyone likes running a Game Console through a VP so you may want a direct connection for the Wii.

Joe

alcarmichael

I wasn't aware of this. What are the reasons for people not liking consoles routed through a VP?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello alcarmichael

Some folk find any 'Delay' to the Video Signal as it passes through the VP can be off-putting in terms of hand/eye coordination.

Joe

alcarmichael

Hmm OK, I suppose if that were to happen it would be very off-putting.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom