Which cable should I use?

T

Tracey

I'm going to have Sky installed, and after reading all the horror stories I'm getting it installed next week so I can then re-route all the cables if I need to before the floor goes down. My question is, what's the best cable to use? I have had my house for over two years now and I thought I would be in it by now so ages ago I got my partner to run some satellite cable, four runs of it in case Sky plus is ever affordable. We used PH100 cable £23.49 for 100m from www.screwfix.com. However, after reading some threads on this forum, everyone seems to recomend the CT100 cable which costs £55 for 100m, is this the best you can get? I'm not really sure exaclty what is involved with a Sky install but is there a chance that the installer may use this cable? How can I tell if they are using CT100? I'm just wondering if I should order some CT100 cable and re-run the cables upstairs before Sky come to install it. If they put the dish too low or in the wrong place we'll just have to get up on the roof ourselves and sort it out, which isn't a problem (well it is for me but I won't be gettting up there)!

Starburst

Novice Member
I can not say with 100% confidence but CT100 is the standard cable used by SKY installers.

Here is a guide to cable types.

T

Tracey

Well I've just had some CT100 cable delivered but it looks identical to the PH100 cable. I'm wondering now whether it's worth changing it. Are there any intallers on the forum who have used PH100 and can tell me whether it's worth chaning to CT100 or not?

M

morphy

are u sure that its the same i usually only use ct100 or h109f unless the customer wont pay for a quality install,

i did use the ph 100 ages ago and im pretty sure the screening isnt real copper but just looks it:D

only way is to check:devil:

T

Tracey

Hi, so if I cut a bit of the plastic cover off both I can compare them and they should be made up slightly differently? I'm happy to use the CT100 I just don't want to waste time laying all the cables again if it's no better.

Top Bottom