Which cable for subwoofer

G

gumby

I have just ordered a Yamaha RXV630RDS, which arrives on Monday (hopefully). I already own the Energy Take 5.2 speaker system.

On the Yamaha there is a subwoofer out connector. It seems to be an RCA plug. There is also one on the subwoofer.

Can anyone tell me what kind of cable I need for this (ie. digital or analogue) and can they recommend one.

Thanks for any help

Gumby

QED have just released a special sub woofer cable. It is expensive and debatable whether you would really notice the difference. I got 13m of it because I had a long run and didn't want to lose any quality.

QED Silver Reference Sub Woofer cable (Model = SRSW). Price is £10 per metre inc VAT. They charge £15 per terminator on the cable. I think they there are some ready made cables in smaller lengths but I don't know their prices or availability.

I use an Ixos 1081 no complaints and does a fine job, £20 for 9m.

It's important to make sure the lead you purchase is well shielded.

When laying the cable try not to run it along side mains cables, has been known to cause problems especially with poor quality cables. If the cable comes into contact with any mains cables cross it over at 90degs.

Originally posted by bob007
I use an Ixos 1081 no complaints and does a fine job, £20 for 9m.

This is the one I use too and can highly recommend it gumby,

cheers Steve

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom