Which cable connectors on Pioneer Amps

Robst

I have the Pioneer VSA-E07 Amp which has very small binding posts without any hole to fit a banana plug into. they are also enclosed by a plastic shield around 70% of the bottom edge (when the post is undone) so you cannot use Spade terminals either.

The manual suggests putting the bare cable in and just tightening the post.

This is all that I can currently do but I'm certain I am losing performance somewhere and do not feel like investing in a decent speaker cable just to poke it in the holes bare.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Are all Pioneer amps like this and if so what do other owners do?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
Rob :)

Jase

Distinguished Member
I had a similar problem on my old Yamaha receiver so just used bare wire, banana plugs are for convenience really. I tried a comparison and found no difference at all between the two, banana plugs just save faffing about trying to stuff the wire in.

Robst

Thanks for the reply Jase.

What about some of the more complex designs that are woven in weird and wonderful ways. Surely you shouldn't just stuff the wire in. I know that some of the cable manufacturers and suppliers will charge considerable sums for correctly terminating their cables and they don't accept any liability if you terminate it yourself. So stuffing it in a hole can't be ideal?

Surely there must be a company that manufactures a termination for use with this type of connection?

Cheers
Rob :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom