Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

which brand of dvd/cd do I use?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ladybug, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ladybug

ladybug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Toshiba RD-XS34 DVD Player/Recorder and my manual recommends specific brands of DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW and CD-R discs to use.

It recommends using Panasonic DVD-RAMs, Panasonic DVD-Rs, JVC DVD-RWs and either Canon, Fujicolor, Kodak or Noritsu CD-Rs.

I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this DVD player with these or any other brands of disc.

Thank you.

2. felix2

felix2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    To date, I have used TDK DVD-RW 1-2x, TDK DVD-R 1-8x, and Verbatim DVD-R 1-4x for recording. (They all say "suitable for DVD video recorders" as well as for data.) They have all worked perfectly to date, and played back on a handful of friends' different DVD players, as well as on my PC. (I've also played TDK CD-R disks recorded on the PC.) I've bought them all from Maplin, but only when they're in one of their half-price sales!

3. blacksnow

blacksnow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used TDK scratchproof -R & -RW, TDK -R, Verbatim -R, Fuji -RW, & Infiniti -RW successfully. I've had some failures with Panasonic -R, Memorex -RW, Samsung Pleomax -RW, Fuji -R (though even with these, the majority seem fine - I guess there'll always be a few "bad apples" in a batch...).

4. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    RiDisc -R X8 and Verbatim -RW is what I tend to use. Buy from Bigpockets and SVP.