which brand of dvd/cd do I use?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ladybug, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ladybug

ladybug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Toshiba RD-XS34 DVD Player/Recorder and my manual recommends specific brands of DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW and CD-R discs to use.

It recommends using Panasonic DVD-RAMs, Panasonic DVD-Rs, JVC DVD-RWs and either Canon, Fujicolor, Kodak or Noritsu CD-Rs.

I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with this DVD player with these or any other brands of disc.

Thank you.

2. felix2

felix2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    To date, I have used TDK DVD-RW 1-2x, TDK DVD-R 1-8x, and Verbatim DVD-R 1-4x for recording. (They all say "suitable for DVD video recorders" as well as for data.) They have all worked perfectly to date, and played back on a handful of friends' different DVD players, as well as on my PC. (I've also played TDK CD-R disks recorded on the PC.) I've bought them all from Maplin, but only when they're in one of their half-price sales!

3. blacksnow

blacksnow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used TDK scratchproof -R & -RW, TDK -R, Verbatim -R, Fuji -RW, & Infiniti -RW successfully. I've had some failures with Panasonic -R, Memorex -RW, Samsung Pleomax -RW, Fuji -R (though even with these, the majority seem fine - I guess there'll always be a few "bad apples" in a batch...).

4. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    RiDisc -R X8 and Verbatim -RW is what I tend to use. Buy from Bigpockets and SVP.