Which box is better: Amstrad 500GB or Samsung 500GB

fuzzys

Ex Member
Reaction score
I already have a sky+HD box which is a Pace and its 9 months old (exchanged it with my Samsung) as part of the 30 day program in which I had to phone directly through the installers if there were any problems. I always get brand new boxes installed. Anyway, I am very pleased with my Pace box and unfortunately they have now been discontinued.

I am going through the buying it through Satbuyer and would like to know your opinions what do you think about the Samsung or Amstrad.

I had the 300GB version of all three boxes and found that Pace were the best of the bunch.

As you know technology continues and now there are new boxes in town and I would like to ask which box is better: Amstrad 500GB or Samsung 500GB for all round reliability and good Standard Definition Quality.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear your views.

Last edited:
Go for the Samsung - some people have had problems with Amstrad and LG tv's with the hdmi connection (it does not work).

I've got experience of both. Samsung is the better box; better SD pic, two SCART sockets (instead of one) and slightly less noise on HD.

I've got an Amstrad box and an LG. It works but there is an awful judder which I was convinced was the tv. I've got somebody doming to change the tv over on Friday as I only got it a couple of weeks ago.

I've got an Amstrad box and an LG. It works but there is an awful judder which I was convinced was the tv. I've got somebody doming to change the tv over on Friday as I only got it a couple of weeks ago.

Are you only seeing the judder via your Amstrad or do you get it with other viewing sources?

Read this forum and you'll find that people have good and bad experience of all the current boxes so in summary there is no difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom