1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bose surround to buy

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jimmymleeds, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jimmymleeds

jimmymleeds
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello all, first and foremost thanks for reading my question.

I have a pioneer 7.1 hifi with two Bose 301's and a cheap eltax subwoofer. With limited space I'd like to get rid of the sub and swap it out for a Bose sub with the satellite speakers so I have a surround sound.

Can anyone suggest which model I would be best buying so that I can have a 5.1 surround with the satellites, a Bose centre speaker and the 301's as my L/R fronts and the Bose sub. Many thanks

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,280
    A Bose sub is not really a sub and really just fills the mids in due to the small size of the speakers. They are overpriced and underperform in general too. I think most of the advice on here would be to not go down the Bose route. If you wanted small speakers then an AVR with sub/satellite speaker system will do the job for less money and most likely sound better too.

3. jimmymleeds

jimmymleeds
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou for your reply! So something along the lines of a B&W or Kef system ? Anything you can recommend? To be fair I have heard a setup that matches what I want with the 301s two satellites and the acoustimass and I was fairly impressed however if I can get better for cheaper then I'd happily take on any recommendations. Thankyou

4. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,280
    I have always liked the b&w m1s but you could also look at the monitor audio radius range. As for a sub I would look at bk electronics for value for money.

5. jimmymleeds

jimmymleeds
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankyou PSM1 I will check them out