1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bond Film Did You Enjoy The Most (please read the first post).

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    This is not which you think is the best Bond film but the one you enjoyed the most watching when you saw it the first time.

I was taken to see Goldfinger with my mate and his dad (with it being a A rated) and thought it was brilliant. But later two of my mates mum was taking them to see From Russia With Love double billing with The Hound of the Baskervilles with my old mate Peter Cushing. What a great night out that was and of all the Bond films I never enjoyed one as much again. Although watching again I enjoy the 2 Timothy Dalton ones better than FRWL, it is my favourite other Bond film and although pedestrian in pace with today’s films it has probably the best story of all, and was one of JFK favourite books.

2. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    tommorow never dies :thumbsup:

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    The Spy Who Loved Me - I had just started school a few years before and I was blown away by my first Bond. The parachute off the cliff at the beginning, Jaws, the Lotus which turned into a sub!!!!!!! :clap: & (well, a few years later) Barbara Bach!!

Roger Moore doesn't ham it up too much and the stunts are good. Still watch it regularly. :)

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I really enjoyed "GoldenEye" when I first saw it! I loved the music, (Eric Serra doing a great, modern instrumental score), the opening theme from Tina Turner, the superb credits, and the generally all-round innovative action scenes. (Who can ever forget the sight of Bond leaping off of the Hoover Dam?! :eek: )

For me, after the long break between "Licence To Kill", "GoldenEye" really re-invented the Bond series. It had humour, sassiness, good action scenes, nice actresses (Famke Janssen - Woohoo! :blush: ), and a fun plot. Everything that a James Bond film should be!

Pooch

5. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    The Spy Who Loved Me blew me away when I saw it aged 12 at the Odeon Leicester Square.

Ol' Rog was superb, despatching baddies with venom and style, Barbara Bach was unbelievably beautiful, Jaws was huge and scary, the Lotus was totally mindblowing!

Great score, the best theme tune ever, and it was the first Dolby Stereo film I remember seeing, with Caroline Munroe's black Jet Ranger spewing bullets all round the auditorium.

No other Bond movie for me has quite captured that larger than life perfection.

6. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    The first Bond I saw was "Live and Let Die". It was at the Odeon in Scarborough in the summer of 1973, before it was altered. This was a traditional Odeon with a massive, steeply sloping Circle and a monster screen, with the projection suite right at the top/back.

In 1973, both the Circle and Stalls were still in use. The place was pretty well packed, which added to the atmosphere.

This one, for these reasons only, is the most memorable.

7. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure. It probably between Goldeneye and Die Another Day. I recognise that Goldeneye is the better film but I really enjoyed Die Another Day and found the DTS soundtrack phenomenal .

8. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Dr. No or Thunderball..........

9. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Live and Let Die. all that voodoo and Jane Seymore. Brilliant. first Bond film I ever saw and it blew me away.

Best Bond ever as fas as I am concerened has to be 'From Russia With Love'
    outstanding. Sean Connery (my homeboy) was brilliant and as for Daniela Bianchi (well thats another story - Best Bond babe yet).

10. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    i loved goldeneye as it was the first of the new bond films and i had lost interest in bond films as there hadnt been one for ages.

but goldfinger is the one i enjoy the most sean connery is so cool

11. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +752
    For your eyes only.
    All the usual bond ingredients were there in quality and quantity, plus there were plenty of funny moments that appealled to my sense of humour.

e.g. whilst being shot at and chased down the side of a mountain in a yellow Citroen 2CV, Bond turns to the girl in the passenger seat and says "I love a drive in the country, don't you?",:laugh:

12. Red1

Red1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    The first one for me was The Spy Who Loved Me.

My dad took me to me to our local Odeon,the days of smoking in the Cinema
    (not me, I was only seven!) and buying your ice-cream(always an orange-maid for me)
    from the lady with the tray with lights on.

At that age the film just blew me away.

Like nobber, I still watch this film regularly,probably a mixture of a good bond
    adventure and nostalgia.

Favourite Bond is Dalton(closest to the flemings Bond IMHO) and
    film 'License to Kill' - most ruthless bond again like the novels.

Red1

13. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    I have to say after FRWL and Goldfinger the Bond films go a bit so, so for me, but thought The Spy Who Loves me was a great come back. I went into the city and saw it on a big screen when at the time all the locals were going small.

As you say Roger was not too hammy and al the bird where fit especially Caroline Munro, (and is the only DVD with Roger as Bond I have although I will get For Your Eyes Only at some point). The opening scene was the best up to then, but was beaten by Living Daylights

14. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    For me its Goldfinger and Thunderball, Sean was just the man :thumbsup: .

I also like the Living Daylights opening scene and the Spy Who loved me's opening scene.

15. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    For me its either The man with the Golden Gun and the Live and let die. jayne seymour looked pretty fine to me as a young lad ;)

16. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +846
    Has to be 'Diamonds Are Forever' for me, since this was the first one i saw when i was a child at the pictures, on holiday in sunny Bridlington. I also rememeber buying a corgi toy of the moon buggy vehicle that same week with my holiday money :) :smashin:

17. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE!!! a fantastic cold war story and my favorite bond movie.

gary

18. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    the spy who loved me. I think I first saw it on the televison round a friends house when there parents were having a party and we were banished upstairs with the portable.
    I did not even know at the time that there were other bond films. I was probably about eight or nine years old at the time.

19. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Live and let Die was my fav for ages, at the time it was the only bond movie I would make sure I never missed if it was on TV. The lovely Jane and the Paul McC title track. SImply brilliant

Was supercedded by Goldeneye though, this was the first Bond I saw at the cinema. How can you go wrong with Dam jumping and Sean Bean's accent? :thumbsup:

This was also the film that opened my eyes and turned me to the Dark side of weekly cinema trips and Home Cinema.

20. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,467
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service...the bad guy skis into the path of a snow blower...snow turns red...awesome, there should be more films with snow blower deaths in them...oh and Bond's bird bites it at the end, very upsetting!

21. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,219
    The Living Daylights for me- 1st one I remember seeing and still a very fine film, good plot, nothing totally outlandish and it actually hasn't aged badly IMO.

Mention must also go to the otherwise unremarkable The World is Not Enough which was actually the first one I got around to watching at the cinema and had the visceral pleasure of a giant Denise Richards (of whom I am still most fond) on screen.

22. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    think its gold finger for me ( the 1 with pussy galore )
    " im pussy galore"
    "i must be dreaming"
    as fit then as she is now in a weird way?

23. Dabs

Dabs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Bond film with the biggest impact for me was Live and Let Die. Fell in love with Jane "solitaire" Seymour and the soundtrack was awesome.
    And theres some great funny moments such as Bond calling TeeHee "butterhook" and of course J.W.Pepper and the boat chase scene, "hes on whos side?" ...oh and the part where he proudly boasts "thats my brother- in- law Billy Bob" to the other cops. Classic.

24. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Watched them all in chronological order when I got the complete collection. Still impressed with how well practically all of them held up. Only endurance tests for me were "Live And Let Die" and "Man With the Golden Gun". Never liked them at the time, like them even less now.

Always felt they were the two worst in the series with MWTGG definitely the worse of the two. At the time of its release I remember thinking "Well that's two stinkers in a row - no more Bond for me!" Fortunately was dragged in to see "The Spy Who Loved Me" a few years later and had my faith restored.

I'm afraid the first two Moore entries will sit on my shelf merely completing a collection, or maybe for the odd look at the documentaries.

For my money "Goldfinger" is still tops and I have a real soft spot for "OHMSS". Speaks volumes to the quality of the movie that it survives Lazenby's wooden performance. "Licence To Kill" is a latterday favourite too - hard as nails! Dalton was a great Bond... :smashin:

25. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    absolutely. It's strange that OHMSS seems to get slagged off as 'that one with that bloke'. It was a pretty good film, and not the worse of the series. Strange, but License to Kill seems to have actually built up a bit of a hardcore fan base over the years. Personally, I liked Dalton (believe he was axed for personal reasons) and his 2 films were not bad.
    Like a previous post, I remember getting a replica car of the Lotus in The Spy Who Loved Me, and thought it was the Dogs Danglies. Still have it to this day, as well as my Starsky and Hutch. Memories. :clap:

26. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Definately The Spy Who Loved Me. Lotus are based near I went to school, and we had the actual Lotus used in the film at an open day once, and I managed to sit in it for £1. To an eight year old boy, things don't get much better than that.

27. Crowley69

Crowley69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    There seems to be a bit of a theme here...the one you saw first is often considered the best. It also seems that members of this forum are all of a certain age? My first was The Spy Who Loved Me as an 8yo, this has to be my favourite.

My least liked is A View to a Kill.

28. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,200
    I tried to explain in the first post the one you enjoyed most rather than the one you think the best film. I hope everyone know the difference.

Living Daylights is the best film for me but on seeing FRWL for the first time I never have watch an other Bond film and enjoyed as much.

Also strangely I enjoy watching Living Daylights more now than the first time I saw it up on the screen, also the last viewing of Licence to Kill I enjoyed it the most ever I have watched the film, and I have watched it a fair few times.

29. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The James Bond which I always class as my favorite is For Your Eyes Only.
    I loved the whole underwater 'thing' and Roger Moore had really made the part of Bond his own by then.
    Goldeneye had a great affect on me, I realised they hadn't messed up with this "new" Bond. Just felt let down by the ending resolving around a pen in the bad guy's hand.

30. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The Bond movie I enjoyed the most and seeing it for the first time has to be Live And Let Die. (Roger Moore in my view was the best Bond).

The first Bond Movie I saw at the cinema in the 80's (aka flea pit in Aldershot, RIP) was Tim Dalton's Living Daylights, and still enjoy watching it today.

Bond is in the blood, and will be till the day I die.

Damo :)