Which BMW?

Dony

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm due to change my Company Car in March 2018, and am currently in the process of ruling in/out cars. I'm working off our current list which has a decent range of cars to choose from. The next list due out in Feb will not offer the same choice as nothing over 110 CO2 will be eligible from that point onwards.
My plan is to get my order in by the Christmas break and hope it gets passed before the new list coms into effect.

Bearing in mind the only option I can specify is metallic paint, which would you choose from the list below. All have pro's and con's such as ED is only 163hp compared to 190hp for the others, but ED comes with leather and will be less tax for me, Xdrive will be most expensive tax-wise, but is 4 wheel drive worth it etc.

So what would you go for and why?

3 Series Diesel Saloon 320d Efficientdynamics Plus 4dr
3 Series Diesel Saloon 320d Se 4dr
3 Series Diesel Saloon 320d Sport 4dr
3 Series Diesel Saloon 320d Xdrive Sport 4dr

ED as its a company car.

ED as its a company car.

I don't mind paying a bit extra on the tax if it's worth the difference. The only thing putting me of the ED is the drop in power. Do you know if it significantly lacks power compared to the 190hp engines? My current car is also 190hp.

Last edited:
Both produce the same torque its the bhp thats been reduced, only makes it half a second slower to 60mph, 7.8s. Its worth driving both as the ED has tweeked gearing so cruises at lower rpms making it feel more sedate.

Is that based on the lower tax or is it something about the specification you prefer over the other model?
Based on lower tax, and the specification as you described. And as was said the torque is the same which for a diesel is the noticeable element.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom