Question Which Bluetooth receiver for Yamaha AV Receiver?

Xorro

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all, we’ve got a Yamaha RX2010 AV receiver, which is too old to have built-in Bluetooth. It has a dock port which would accept the Yamaha YBA-10 bluetooth receiver, but unfortunately this has been discontinued and I can’t find one for sale anywhere.
It was superseded by the YBA-11 but again, not many of these for sale.

Are there any other recommended Bluetooth receivers that I could look at? I want it so I can stream music from an Amazon Echo through the Yamaha.
I‘m also wondering whether something with a optical output would give better sound than coax?

One downside to the dedicated adapters was a lack of support for the more recent superior versions of Bluetooth. However the Amazon Echoes don't support better Bluetooth standards either,

You can connect an Echo device directly to your receiver using the 3.5mm output and a suitable cable. The downside to this is that all audio from that echo device will go through the receiver, not just music. Of you added another echo device like an echo Dot plugged into your stereo you can set the existing echo to play music on the dot.

Hi Jamie, I did connect the echo dot up using cables, but as you say, all audio then goes through the receiver. Ideally I want to be able to put the receiver on to a specific input when I want to listen to the dot’s output.
Interesting about using a second dot though, might be an option.

Hi Xorro, i used cable rca from an echo to my Yamaha amp, sound quality was better than over various Bluetooth adapters.
We have two so one's always audible and I changed the wake word on the one connected to the amp so I could drive Spotify without the other one responding.

Hi all, we’ve got a Yamaha RX2010 AV receiver, which is too old to have built-in Bluetooth. It has a dock port which would accept the Yamaha YBA-10 bluetooth receiver, but unfortunately this has been discontinued and I can’t find one for sale anywhere.
It was superseded by the YBA-11 but again, not many of these for sale.

Are there any other recommended Bluetooth receivers that I could look at? I want it so I can stream music from an Amazon Echo through the Yamaha.
I‘m also wondering whether something with a optical output would give better sound than coax?
Try SV 1810 or 1820 which is hi-res bluetooth adaptor. Yes optical is the way to go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom