• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Blu-ray player for Plex?

mrpugs

Novice Member
I've been holding out for an apple TV3 jailbreak but as I'm in the market for a new BD player I should just go for one that supports the Plex App.

Looking at samsung as they have an official App

Which would people recommend? I'm looking for something that will be able to handle my 1080p .MKV files. I don't have a 3D TV and I don't intend in on getting one any time soon, if at all.

Wasn't looking at spending much more that £100 but I'm open to it if it's really worth while.

Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

rolandrat

Established Member
Best bet to read this forum

Samsung Smart Hub - Plex Forums

I think most older < 2011 models have the app to download at present, but latest 2012 models (including the ES Tv's) do not yet.

Be warned though I have a 2010 3D bluray player and Plex is dire, its so slow, and from what I understand the BD players all have less horsepower than the equivalent years TV's.
I have Plex on my ES8000 tv (got beta access) and it works very well, GUI is fairly slick and certainly runs nice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom