1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which blank cd-r media? - Moved

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by tspencerj, Jul 26, 2004.

1. tspencerj

tspencerj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think my cd writer 'drive not ready/empty' glitch is because my cd writer doesn't like my philips discs, although i read a good review on them which said that they played on most players. Other cd-r discs play fine on my cd writer. Can anyone recommend a good brand of cd-r disc and relay to me some of their burning experiences. Thanks.

2. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    Hi Mate,

What copying software are you using at the moment and what is your Burner?

I have used Hundreds of Verbatim CDR's and have never had a problem with them. I use NERO 6 to copying my music onto a CDR.

You can download a trail version from www.nero.com might be worth looking at.

Also have you tried burning at a slower speed and also making sure you close the session on the disc not keeping it open??

Dal

3. tspencerj

tspencerj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for that. I have Adaptec Easy CD4 and Direct CD, all which came with the Freecom writer. Also, just bought an OEM suite 1 of Nero from E-bay. Both work ok with some Imation discs that I have, but intermitently with my Philips discs. I tried to buy some Freecom discs, as recommended by them, but can't find them anywhere.

4. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    I think you can but Freecom media from Argos - well they used to sell you drives.

Check www.svp.co.uk they have a great selection of media and have the verbatim ones i was telling you about.

I would use NERO over adaptec easy cd any day of the week.

Imation i have never been a fan of for music, there fine for data.

TDK also do good CDR's

I would give the Phillips discs a miss, if your drive doesnt like them they put it down to being a fussy drive.

I just hope you didnt buy a job lot of the Phillips discs otherwise this could be quite an expensive test for you.

5. tspencerj

tspencerj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that great advice. i'm very new to cd-burning and i didn't realise how much there was to know.

6. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +509
    No Worries Fella, we have all been there. Once you have a found a reliable brand of disc stick with it.

Always takes a while to get whats best for you and your burner. Not eveyone is the same. Its the same for DVD-R media and DVD Burners

Post back and let us know how u get on!!

Dal