which best inear headphones to go for?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by sunnyb4u, Dec 31, 2006.

1. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys

i was wondering which pair of in ear headphones i should go for i was tempted by the shure e4c but i am not sure what else i would try i would like to block outside noise and i dont want sound leaking out so it must be in ear design

erm also i tried the sennheiser cx300 and they suck hard so i returned them back

any suggestions will be great

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

2. DorKnight

DorKnight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
  3. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wouldf you go for future sonics or the shure e4c's?

im tempted by the shure as they are in sale in microanvika.co.uk

4. DorKnight

DorKnight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have the Future Sonics but the Shure E4c are a great price at the moment, if they were anymore I wouldn't bother and end up going with something like the Westone UM2.

5. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    never heard of westone any good?

6. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mm i am swaying for the shure e4cs i will talk to you for more especially about the westones and they i will make my purchase tonight say before the fireworks on tv maybe ill buy at 10pm

i need them since i am goign to japan son and i hate having all that noise in the background as it gives me an awful head ache

many thanxs once again

we should have more people like you mate

happy new year to you

7. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    erm one more question before i go

my mate has a pair of the shure e5cs and what has happened is that on his the wire is transparent so you can see the strands

bt now the plastic has turned green maybe from oxidation as he uses it alot to and from work erm is ther eanyway he can clean the plastic as he paid alot of money for them even though he got it at a discount from what hi fi?

8. DorKnight

DorKnight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    The Westone UM2 are up there and are on par with the Shure E5c, cheaper and great value. Some people sway towards Shure and others towards the Westones.

As for your mates Shures, I suppose it's turned from the sweat/moisture or whatnot - It's a known issue but I would get him to drop Shure an email to see if they can resolve the issue or replace the IEMs.

9. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahh will do mate thx

10. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47

The Westone UM2 beat the Shure e5c in my opnion (have had both and compared). UM2 way cheaper, just as good sound, better cable and even the standard plugs that come with them are better. If you want to beat these you have to go to the shure e500 (and yes I have tried that too).

11. mr:w

mr:w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
  12. nabby

nabby
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,136
    Just got some Shure e4c 'phones in black - replaced my e3c pair. Much better and more dynamic sound, everything sounds so much clearer, especially tracks on my iPod recorded in Apple lossless. Having said that, even the 128kbps MP3s sound a lot better through the e4cs.

Bought mine off an eBay seller in the USA for about £87 plus £10 postage (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/SPACETOSHOP). He even marked them down to reduce the risk of customs charges, and I didn't have any problems! They arrived in 4 days by US Post Airmail.

I bought my e3c 'phones off eBay and Shure UK were fine about repairing/replacing them under 2 year guarantee.

You should definitely compare buying from here with buying off eBay USA sellers, particularly with the dollar so weak at the moment.

13. Incrediboy

Incrediboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I just bought some Shure E4C earlier this week.
    They're phenominal.
    For the price they are at the moment. I would recomend anyone to grab a pair! Or even grab a pair wait for the sale to end and then put them on ebay maybe for a profit :)

14. Reano

Reano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Basically you should try to buy what ever your after now for the double reason of the US dollar vs Pound and it's sale time. If you really want ultimate headphones go for the shure e500 or UM2 depending on funds. UM2 can be had for under £160 from good dealers on eBay (have brought myself think the name was something like road dog). And e500 for less than £200!!!! (including postage) Thats less than half UK prices. DO it NOW resistance is futile!!!!! :devil: :devil:

15. maclean21

maclean21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I agree with the comment about the sennyys. they were rubbish.

I have been lucky enough to try

shure e2
    sony mdr-ex71
    Creative Labs EP-630 Earphones
    Sennheiser CX300 Ear Canal Headphones - Silver

and more thanks to an audiophile friend.

The shure E2 which cost about £70 & the creative and sennys were all completly rubbish compared to the sony mdr-ex71.

the sony sound was far warmer. at only £23 from amazon their a bargain.
    This has become a bit of a debate in our lab. We all like our music and every one has tried these ear phones and agree they are the best.

Happy listening

16. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,591
    Having heard many a budget canalphone (they're not IEMs ;) :)), inc the Sony EX71, Panasonic HJE50, JVC Marshmallows and Creative CX300, and it is my opinion that people like the 'Sony sound' because after so many years they're become accustomed to what Sony do - emphasis on the bass and no thought towards range and the highs. I know these only cost £30, but bear with me. You read many a time people go from cheap Sony canals to expensive IEMs - and prefer Sony. They don't realise they're getting a more representative, realistic, flat sound.

Just wanted to say that. Its all moot at £30 :D I preferred the latter 3 in reverse order ranking; 1) CX300 2) Marshmallows 3) HJE50 4) EX71

Even at this price you can hear the difference. Sony's bass is just too much and puts it into songs that don't even have it. The others are much lighter and controlled and less boomy

17. maclean21

maclean21
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    has any body tried the BOSE in ear tri port ear phones??

18. angusaimee

angusaimee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried them in the Bose shop in York, very, very good and they are on my list for Santa :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have tried all the others and these are top value for money, not so good for jogging I believe as they fall out too easily but that is not a concern of mine.