1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bargain 32" and best prices??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by DU02, Jul 29, 2005.

1. DU02

DU02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    First of all Hello everyone! :hiya:

I've been a reader for quite a while and am hoping some of you nice folks can give some opinions.
    I'm buying a 'budget' 32" LCD and after much reading and web searching have narrowed it down to a choice of 3. Any opinions welcome, I have read most of the other threads about these 3 so no need to point out any previously covered points again. I include the best prices I have found, can anyone beat these?? (All prices are inc VAT)

Acer AT3201W - Dabs £779.98
    Samsung LE32R41B - £846.95 - prcdirect.co.uk
    Toshiba 32WL56 - £828 - digitaldirectuk.com or rgbdirect.co.uk - £878 inc stand and free dvd player

I think (for my use anyway) these are all pretty similar in that they are HD ready and have reasonable response times. The free stand from rgbdirect is swaying me towards the Tosh, anyone know what it looks like? (The stand I mean)

Cheers
    Chris

2. Bill S

Bill S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  3. DU02

DU02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that. Am I right in assuming the only difference is the freeview decoder? Since I'm a big Sky+ fan I don't think it would be much use to me, but for nearly the same price I may as may have it

4. nasht

nasht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i think it is better to get the one with the digital receiver. Im eying this tv for a long time now and i just want to read lots of peoples feedbacks about this tv. I would be very glad if I could actually get a picture of this tv in action.

5. Bill S

Bill S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
  6. busterdan

busterdan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Some pics etc of the Samsung... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1831264&postcount=1256

Bills TribalUK find is amazing... I can't help thinking it is a mistake because their 26" model is more than the equivilent 26" model at HomeCinemaTV I believe... obviously the 32" is a completely different TV... but I'm surprised how Tribal have sourced these so much cheaper than anyone else.

Price are bound to drop sure...but on such a new model and by such a large amount...I certainly am suprised...and maybe just a litlle be ******ed off too :p

Personally I'd grab the Tribal one whilst you can and it's in stock.

7. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Definitely the Toshiba. I have one and it is stunning, HD ready too and with an HDMI input it is quite something.