Which AVR with HDMI 2.1 and 9 channels?

whitehart

I'm considering returning my a6a Yamaha as its still not able to do the main functions I wanted it for namely the 120hz at 4K. along with the gaming features, I feel its been too long now for the firmware update andI want to return it

The main requirements are 9 channel and HDMI 2.1, any advice would be great I'm looked at Arcam (seems only 7 channel amp) and Anthem as well which dont seem to reach my requirements unless im mistaken

gibbsy

Denon AVC X3700, Marantz SR6015 are about the cheapest nine channel amps available. The Denon is a strong performer although lacks musical ability for stereo music on which the Marantz has an edge.

What's the budget?

whitehart

Denon AVC X3700, Marantz SR6015 are about the cheapest nine channel amps available. The Denon is a strong performer although lacks musical ability for stereo music on which the Marantz has an edge.

What's the budget?
£2,200 + extra for the right avr - the yamaha (a6a) with broken promises will be returned - i quite like the arcams but its not 9 channel

D

Deleted member 901590

What about an Arcam, NAD or Anthem but then use an external power amp for the other channels? If space is an issue there are small ones available. Or locate the power amps remotely.

I seems (if you had the A6A) that music is important to you, so how about you go for the x3700 but then add a stereo hifi amp for the front L and R channels with AV bypass, such as a Cyrus One, an Audiolab or a Rega? (Many others are available!).

whitehart

What about an Arcam, NAD or Anthem but then use an external power amp for the other channels? If space is an issue there are small ones available. Or locate the power amps remotely.

I seems (if you had the A6A) that music is important to you, so how about you go for the x3700 but then add a stereo hifi amp for the front L and R channels with AV bypass, such as a Cyrus One, an Audiolab or a Rega? (Many others are available!).
A X3700 only has 1 HDMI 2.1 port I believe. its a shame there isnt a NAD/Anthem/Arcam that can do 9 channels

Zarf2007

buy one of these (11 channels) and pay for the hdmi 2.1 upgrade (extra £600)

just confirm that the warranty is full 5 years as they say they are an Arcam dealer so it should be.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom