which av ?

sensitivity 89db :(

Nothing too unusual with spec and being multi driver should be pretty good. Inwalls are generally expensive, more than regular speakers. Plus not exactly simple to swap out if you fancy upgrade or want to move them around....I've moved my speakers from room to room, house to house, and around the room, upgrade, so move to other room the back again, change from side to rears etc.

yes u are right about everything if i was a lad living on my own i would do everything you are advising me but she has this minimalistic thing in her head so i am battling that. I may have to lay on the couch and process all the variables because its the one thing in life i really do enjoy is my plex server film collection.

I do see appeal of in wall for side and surrounds where they'll be in the way etc, and in ceiling for Atmos etc. I believe you need back boards/ box to do with fire proofing

Plus imagine you get them fitted and don't like them...unless fixing hole is standard then problem there. When I didn't like my b&w speakers I simply moved them to the other room where amp on that system was better pairing.

Home cinema isn't about minimilist lol....

Maybe look at ear buds or maybe that's too big and ugly haha

😂try telling her that she says "you get want you work hard enough butttttt" anyways im ok with install im a joiner/kitchen fitter done a lot of media walls for people but its the audio advice i do really appreciate that you are giving me, its just every situation is different its kie when i do a kitchen i say to customer before i give them a cad design its easier to build the room to accommadate your kitchen than design your kitchen round your room so I do fully appreciate what u are saying thanks.

sorry about no spell check lol keep getting browser post issues think its firefox

You could build fake front wall and get speakers you want there..then maybe use wall mount speakers for side/surround, when they're the same colour as the wall they do disappear

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220207-214243~2.png
    Screenshot_20220207-214243~2.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 34
To be fair that was my plan fake wall 4 by 2 braced off brick wall hence in-wall speakers including centre. Add wall mount side surrounds and later on go from 2 height to either 4 or 6 . Oh she wants media fire but not seen a 8k one yet but that will be low down and have enough width for left and right speakers. I have lg cx 77 which i really am happy with which will be inset in wall for cosmetic and protective reasons young nephew and neice trying to paw peppa pig to death also poking my floorstanders mid range cones.

Why not simply fake wall with acoustic transparent cloth, and access hatch?

I could do that and I will have a look at acoustic transparent cloth whats your honest opinion about the amps im looking at, what would you go for in my situation forgetting acoustics if i get rug etc

I prefer and recommend seperates but you don't have to get them straight away it can be done in stages, or not at all. It just depends on budget,. expected quality, spl, what speakers you're using (little point in ATI 6007 if using Cambridge audio minx) Some possible systems

1) a AVR
2) a AVR plus stereo integrated amp with HT bypass
3) a AVR plus a stereo analogue preamp plus stereo Poweramp
4) a avr plus a three channel Poweramp for LCR
5) a avr plus any mixture of 1-13 Ch amps
6) a AV pre amp with stereo integrated amp with HT bypass, and 1-11 Ch amps
7) a AV pre amp with stereo analogue pre amp plus a stereo plus 1-11 Ch amps
8) a AV pre amp with any mixture of 1-13 Ch amps

There's probably other layouts also like biamping, multi room etc

I could do that and I will have a look at acoustic transparent cloth whats your honest opinion about the amps im looking at, what would you go for in my situation forgetting acoustics if i get rug etc

I would get an Arcam AVR390 or AVR550 to use as a processor, 2 separate power amps (2x7 channel, keep it simple can upgrade later), a second subwoofer, build a hoverBOSS with a minidsp2x4HD.

cheers guys im going to mull it all over as im 1 bottle of wine worse for wear now thanks for all your advice may need more after rethinking budget

Got Avr 20 setup this no room correction run basically out the box just a few configurations set, OMG Night and Day from denon detail and bass presence from my main speakers in stereo mode is amazing. Thanks for all your suggestions guys I should have bought an Arcam or this level of amp years ago its halfway got round bad room acouctics all ready Hans zimmer concert sounded totally different on this amp. Going to atempt dirac, one thing though the web interface keeps freezing.

Got Avr 20 setup this no room correction run basically out the box just a few configurations set, OMG Night and Day from denon detail and bass presence from my main speakers in stereo mode is amazing. Thanks for all your suggestions guys I should have bought an Arcam or this level of amp years ago its halfway got round bad room acouctics all ready Hans zimmer concert sounded totally different on this amp. Going to atempt dirac, one thing though the web interface keeps freezing.
100%.
Clear step above D&M.

this morning I meant there goes my dyslexia

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom