1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which AV-Reciver brand for my speakers??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CosmicOne, Sep 4, 2004.

1. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Wharfedale Diamond 8 speakers (8.4 fronts , 8 center,planning to get 8.1 or 8.2 for rear)

am now using KenWood recvier (BTW:anyone know how good the KenWood in Stereo & surround comapred to otheres coz i really don't listen to anything else & it's my first reciver)

anyway the Wharfedale as many of u know is famous by it's VERY VERY flat & natural sound with no screaming hight's it's even louder in mids than hights but it still sound clear,
    So which brands of Recivers should i look at with those speakers coz am in the process of upgrading,
    in my country we have Yammys,Pioneers,Onkyos only. would the pioneer sound to worm with them due to there flat nature????

2. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    C'mon guys,help needed please.
    Audio guru's where are u???

3. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    In the Uk we dont have acess to many of the Onkyo recievers. I have read a few good reviews for them. The Yamahas arefamously bright at the top end but I love my Yamaha. Pioneers latest amps are very good but i dont know how to describe there sound as i havent heard any lately. Which models are you looking at CosmicOne??

5. CosmicOne

CosmicOne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx Dfour,u r always here for Help,

anyway am thinking manily in the Yamaha RXV-650 or 750 or 1400 but am very confuesd between the 750 & the 1400 coz the 750 have newer Lsi's (YSS948) also has the new Pure direct mode (also maybe better in stereo) & have the new yammy shapes but the 1400 have more power & have THX but more expensive,here in my country the 750=520UK pounds while the 1400=710Uk pounds. & i can't get any of them from another country through internet or shipping.

there's also the pioneer 1011 for 410UK pounds.

DFOUR can u please see this post & tell me what do u think???
    http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149456

thanx dude.