Which av receiver would you recommend from these brand

hype_male

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After months still aint decided on which 3d ready av receiver to get. Need to get one by this week so I can have a 3d movie xmas.

I have narrowed my search to this:

Yamaha
v671
v767
v1067

Pioneer
vsx 2021
vsx 1021 or 1021 (k)
vsx 2030
vsx lx 52
vsx lx 53

Onkyo

Will be using to watch movies, watching tv, listening to music but not a lot.

Will upgrade speaker in a year or so but will in the main time be using:

Acoustic solution: Av120 mk2 as front, acoustic solution av as centre, acoustic 20 mk2 as surround and bk gemini 2 as sub.
My mind is thinking go for one of the pioneer but dont know how good / bad the pioneers above are compare to the yamaha and the onkyo 609 model above.

Can you still get the 1067/767 or are these second hand?
Which Pioneer would you be looking at?
The 1067 is a good reciever and were selling at great prices recently so would be hard to ignore if you can still get one. If looking at the Onkyo 609 then I would also look at the Denon 1912 which is the same level of reciever but around £100 cheaper.

Can you still get the 1067/767 or are these second hand?
Which Pioneer would you be looking at?
The 1067 is a good reciever and were selling at great prices recently so would be hard to ignore if you can still get one. If looking at the Onkyo 609 then I would also look at the Denon 1912 which is the same level of reciever but around £100 cheaper.

I was looking / thinking either pioneer vsx 2020, or the vsx lx 52 or the vsx lx 53. Don't know if these are this year or last year model. - have seen the pioneer I've just mention for about 450 to 560 (brand new / ex display model) -in regard to the yamha 767 or the 1067 where did you see them at a great price you mentioned. Would be 3 pinoeer model I mention be better then the yam 767 or 1067 for movie and music

Those Pioneers have thin sound and no standby passthrough. I'd go with the Yamahas or Onkyo 609 at that pricepoint.

What do you mean by the pinoeer have thin sound and no stand by pass through.

This illustrates that buying sight unseen off others recomendations is only a guide and I'd recomend having a listen to a prospective amp with your speakers (to make sure it's not horrid to your ears and then also a combo of speakers that you can later upgrade to once you have the necessary cash available.

For example I find Onkyo and Monitor Audio to be a bright trebly cacophony others however love the combination and you'll find members who are/have been very happy with that combo.

Osamede looks to have a similar opinion of Pio, you may love them.

This illustrates that buying sight unseen off others recomendations is only a guide and I'd recomend having a listen to a prospective amp with your speakers (to make sure it's not horrid to your ears and then also a combo of speakers that you can later upgrade to once you have the necessary cash available.

For example I find Onkyo and Monitor Audio to be a bright trebly cacophony others however love the combination and you'll find members who are/have been very happy with that combo.

Osamede looks to have a similar opinion of Pio, you may love them.

yeah it would be nice to get a demo but i dont really have time due to working hours. I suppose asking for a recommendation is asking for trouble as people will only give a recommendation of what they like.

Correct me if am wrong but from what am ready yamaha 767 and the 1067 doesnt have internet radio. Does the 671 have usb for ipod and internet radio.

Yes, the RX-V671 has iPod and internet radio support, though the user interface is rather cumbersome compared to, say, Apple TV. Best just to get an Apple TV, really.

To my mind, the main problem with the RX-V671 is that the "Zone 2" feature is basically useless, because only analogue sources can be selected. Outputting digital sources in Zone 2 requires the "Party Mode" feature which is only available on the RX-V771 upwards. Note that Party Mode just allows the same source to be output to both zones simultaneously - it is still not possible to individually select an arbitrary source for each zone, not even with the high end "Aventage" models.

Yes, the RX-V671 has iPod and internet radio support, though the user interface is rather cumbersome compared to, say, Apple TV. Best just to get an Apple TV, really.

To my mind, the main problem with the RX-V671 is that the "Zone 2" feature is basically useless, because only analogue sources can be selected. Outputting digital sources in Zone 2 requires the "Party Mode" feature which is only available on the RX-V771 upwards. Note that Party Mode just allows the same source to be output to both zones simultaneously - it is still not possible to individually select an arbitrary source for each zone, not even with the high end "Aventage" models.

Thanks for the info. Was gonna go for the yammy 767 for the 2 hdmi output but it doesnt have internet radio so decided to am now looking at the yammy 761 or the 1067 or might look to the 771 depending on which is cheaper. As for what you said about the yammy zone 2, I dont intend to use the zone 2 any way.

By the way, the Yamaha amps have excellent sound quality.

Looks like it gonna be a yammy for me then. It been months trying to decide on what receiver to get and going from one to another. Looked at the onkyo 609 but people seem to have issues with the 609 and it get over heated so decided against the onkyo. I just wanna get a receiver that am not got regret buying it. Finger cross i wont regret getting a yamaha receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom