1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which AV receiver with MM phono stage?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by eldrad, Jul 24, 2005.

1. eldrad

eldrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old hifi amp seems to be poorly and needs repairing. It's a Mission Cyrus 1 amp.

I've been wanting to move into a 5.1 set up and if the cost of repairing the amp is prohibitive I want to get hold of an AV receiver that has phono MM sockets for my Systemdex IIX turntable.

Money is unfortunately tight so it would have to be a budget/second hand model for now.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eldrad

2. mhifoe

mhifoe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think you are going to have trouble finding an AV amp with a phono stage, especially if you are looking for a bargain.
    I have a turntable going through my AV amp via a phono amp. You can pick one up for about £20, but I think something like the Project Phono Box for £40 would be a good choice.

3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    one of the older Yamaha models might do the trick. I used to run my Rega through an A5, and I'm sure you could pick one of those up cheaply.. Older denons and marantz models I seem to recall are less likely to have phono stages. I may be wrong, of course. I usually am..