Which AV amp/speaker set should I get?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Rottie, May 2, 2007.

1. Rottie

Rottie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi all, :hiya:

I have recently bought myself a 26" Sammy (LE26R73BDX) and a 360.

I am looking to buy the HD DVD for the 360 and also a decent surround sound setup.

The main amps that I'm looking at, are the Denon AVR 1507 and the Yamaha RXV359, which I'm looking to pair up to the Sony SSP88s or the Yamaha NSP110s.

I have £450 to spend, but ideally I'd like to scrimp a little on these new goodies. (means more dosh for games, etc :clap: :clap: )
    Which of those listed, would you nice folks recommend? It's only going in the bedroom for the moment, until my 8 month old Rottie stops chewing everything in sight! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks in advance for any help/comments. :cool:

2. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,350
    Well, if you can stretch that budget a little bit more, or if you hunt around for deals on the web.
    You'll be able to get that Denon amp AND the lovely lovely Kef KHT 1005 surround speaker set, that's what I plan on getting. My local severn oaks said they'll do it for £500 all in but like I said hunt the web for deals. It'll give you a stunning and flexible 5.1 surround setup, plus the speakers are nice and small.

3. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm also currently looking into building up a surround setup.

I'm leaning towards the Denon AVR1507, and managed to find it for £179.95 delivered from Superfi

:thumbsup:

4. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,350
    Looking on the web and in the mags, the little AVR1507 is getting more awards then the next one or two amps up the range!! A bargain IMO.

5. AudiophileUk

AudiophileUk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    not meaning to be unhelpful but i really think this post should be in another setion of this great AV forum.

Although their is some crossover, their are some amazingly knowledgable audio folk who do not frequent the 360 forums....

6. Rottie

Rottie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Hi AudioPhile,

Unfortunately, as a new user to these forae, I didn't know which part would be the most appropriate, so I took my "best guess" and posted here, instead of cross posting topics under sections, as some other newcomers would (and be frowned upon for doing so, by the "regs").

I am almost 100% settled on the Denon amp, but am still undecided as to which of the two speaker sets I listed to go for. :confused:
    The set mentioned by apolloa are just that little bit more than my budget will stretch to, but thanks for pointing them out.

7. para munki

para munki
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I recently bought a Yamaha RXV359 and some tannoy fx5.1 speakers. This is the first proper surround sound setup I've owed and it sounds fantastic to me. You might want to have a look at the tannoys as they seem good value for money.