1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which audio interconnect for htpc?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by spamboy, Jan 21, 2004.

1. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a lot of talk about video and speaker cables, but I haven't seen a reccomendation for interconnects. I've tried various and all the budget (and some expensive) ones I've tried have been disappointing.

Best I've found thus far is the qed silver spiral, but a) I'm using a m-audio revolution so it needs 3.5mm - rca adaptors (and the centre one needs to be slimmed down to fit) and it's pretty expensive to buy 3 sets.

So recoomendations for standard interconnects and by some miracle is there a good 3.5mm - rca one?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SB

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the problem could possibly be the adaptors so it might be worth trying QED's 3.5mm - 2 RCA it's only based on the qunex1 but is wired directly as 3.5mm-2ca.
    Although I doubt it is available with 3.5mm connectors as an option (Could be worth asking though) my favourite cable ever (Not the most expensive i've heard either) compared to it's price is Cable Talk's Broadcast3 which retails @ £80 for 0.5m It's main advantage is it tends to sound good with seperates from budget to £1000 a piece (Not tried it with anything higher) The Qunex Silver didn't seem to do much for the cheaper systems.

3. spamboy

spamboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm dubious about the use of the adaptors too, I've tried a thor 3.5 mm to RCA cable (about £25), sounded rubbish. I've tried a variety of other cables and the silver spirals sound far better than anything else, so it's obviously not making things bad enough that I can't tell the difference. I've tried ecosse conductor ca1 - well reviewed, I think they are rubbish, Cable talk studio somethings (green - great, great value, unfortunatly discontinued)

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think it was replaced by the professional3 which is the model below the broadcast. Professional 3 is still a very good cable.
    In general I rate all the CAble talk interconnects and Van den hul, the rest are a bit more hit and miss.