1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which audio for zoomplayer?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ilkand, May 10, 2003.

1. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have Windvd which will do 7.1 analogue. When I try to use windvd as the audio in Zoomplayer, however, the maximum it will allow me is 5.1. What other audio codecs(?) are there that I can use to get 7.1 with zoomplayer?

Cheers,
    Andy

2. Threadkiller

Threadkiller
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    silly question but do you have a 7.1 setup? does your soundcard do 7.1 and do the disks you watch have Ex? I use a Fortissimo III and unless I use analogue outputs, it won't give anything but 5.1.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    If you use the spdiff output, and you can get it working via zoom, then you can get 5.1 and 6.1 no problem. That's how I have mine set up anyway.

Gary.

4. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for your answers.
    I don't have a 7.1 amp, only a 5.1, that is why I was using the analogue outs to experiment with 7.1. I have a revo card which does 7.1, and using windvd it sounds pretty good. It won't feign 7.1 from a 5.1 source like some amps do, but on stuff like blade 2 it is quite impressive. I then switched to zoomplayer to use ffdshow and reclock to get that extra bit of picture quality people suggest, but when using the windvd audio decoder with zoomplayer, it will only do 5.1, not 7.1. At least there is only the option to use up to 6 speakers in the filter dialogue. Just wondered if there was another decoder for the audio side that I could buy to do 7.1 and keep the video side of things using cinemaster. I tried ac3filter which is very good, but limited to 5.1. Good quality though.

I seem to be the only one using analogue outputs.
    Will have to bite the bullet and buy a 7.1 amp I think.

Cheers,
    Andy

5. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm using analogue outputs, but am not using Zoomplayer (though was thinking of having a play). Currently using WinDVD straight. I'm using an MAudio Delta 410, so similar setup to you.

6. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The newest version of zoomplayer (just come out) has a new feature for Windvd audio (audio processor) which gives 7.1. Not sure if it is feigning 7.1 though or if it is DD EX. Hard to tell. I am still playing. Zoomplayer is vey good I think. Worth a try. Good fun.

Cheers
    Andy