Question Which atmos speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mllxgar2, Apr 8, 2016.

1. mllxgar2

mllxgar2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone

I've upgraded to the denon x4100w reciever

I'm wanting to do a 5.1.2 setup, I think 4 cieling speakers is overkill

Which cieling speakers would you guys recommend that are good value for this amp and my speakers.

Once done you are more than welcome to come over
    I have b&w 684 fronts
    Htm61 centre
    686 rears
    M&K sub

Thanks in advance

2. mambo1888

mambo1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +589
    I have almost the same setup as you and recently upgraded to a yamaha rxa 3050. I wanted to stick with B&W, I went with CCM 683's which are a good match with the rest of the speakers but probably overkill for Atmos. I was looking at the 664's and 382's but my local AV supplier had a pair of 683's in stock and gave me a decent discount which is why I ended up with them. What sort of money were you looking to spend?

3. mllxgar2

mllxgar2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the reply, the ccm683 are really good, but my budget for the ceiling speakers is about £150 ish, i could stretch further mind, Im after something that will integrate well with the rest of the system. Did you consider anything other than B&W?

4. mambo1888

mambo1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +589
    No worries, yeah the 683's are excellent and again probably overkill but I got them for a really good price and they were convenient as I could go and pick them up that day (Once I have an idea in my head I don't like waiting lol)

I did think about going with other than B&W as I have been told that its not as important to match effects/atmos speakers but I always liked to keep them matched. Im not massively clued up when it comes to speakers so hopefully some of the other guys can help here and give other options.

There are a few B&W options not too far from your budget - 362 £200 per pair, 382 £250 per pair and 664 £250 per pair. I think the 664 are part of the same 6xx series as the rest of your setup but I spoke to a custom installer and he said he always goes with the 382's. I had phoned around a few places advertising the CCM range as my local AV dealer didn't have any in ceiling speakers on their website, but wasn't able to get any discount. I phoned my local AV dealer (HiFiCorner) and they done me the deal on the 683s so might be worth giving them a call and see if they can do you a deal on the 664 or 382s to get closer to your budget.

Again there will be more knowledgeable members who can advice wether mixing manufacturers is ok or not for atmos speakers and that will give you a lot more options for your budget.

5. mllxgar2

mllxgar2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thank you greatly for this mate, really appreciated :) top man

6. mambo1888

mambo1888

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +589
    No worries mate, keep us posted on what you go for. I just watched Everest 3D again, first time with my Atmos setup, and when the storm starts, the immersion was incredible. If you go for atmos and do it right im sure you wont be disappointed:thumbsup: