Which Anti Virus

bogart99

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a decent anti virus package? Not averse to paying something if it works and does not clog my computer. Used to use AVG free but that used to hog my PC at times when seemingly doing nothing and dragged everything down.

Unless are If you are sensible then Windows Defender should be sufficient.

Last edited:
Crowdstrike for business protection

Last edited:
OP, Windows Defender is more than adequate if you don't want to pay anything. However if you want the very best protection - in terms of better detection rates, less false positives and less system impact - then any one of NOD32/ESET, Kaspersky, Symanetc/Norton and Bitdefender are highly recommended. I've been using NOD32 since the late 1990s and been very satisfied. Worth having a look at av-comparatives.org ,this is the only AV review website I would recommend.

Unless are If you are sensible then Windows Defender should be sufficient.
I tried only Defender for a while and got a virus. That being said, I wasn't sensible and was shopping around looking for a rare IT piece in China.

I use Avast and paid for ClearGlass firewall.

Just use Microsoft Defender, it does the trick, is light enough on resources. Other commercial products may provide additional features that could be of interest but I find Microsoft Defender sufficient.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom