• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which Android tablet?!

notamondayfan

Standard Member
Hey guys,

Just after some advice. I'm looking for an Android tablet to use for my work. I need something that's fast, good screen, good battery and has both forward and rear facing cameras, as I am working on augmented reality apps.

I very nearly ordered the Nexus 7, as it seemed to be ideal, fast, good battery, until I realised it didn't have the rear camera. And at £200, it seemed even better. Shame.

Anyway, so I started looking again and came across these.

Motorola Xoom 2 10.1

and the

Motorola Xoom 2 8.2

My knowledge of tablets is pretty poor, but from the specs I see, these don't look too bad, and are reasonably priced too. And according to the manufactures website, it should get Android 4 in the 3rd quarter this year, which would be nice.

So what does everyone think of those? What's everyone's opinion on 10 inch vs 8 inch? Is the extra size screen an advantage or disadvantage? Or maybe someone knows of a better tablet, similar in price, that runs Android?

Cheers,

Dean

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Why is a rear facing camera so important? What will you be using it for that you need a tablet with one?

Misguided

Established Member
Amazon have a tablet called and Ployer Momo 11 Bird for about £150 that has a camera on both sides, i'm not sure they are up to the standard you need. I've been thinking about getting it myself but apart from the customer reviews I cant find much on it.

Ployer Momo11 Bird Tablet PC - 9.7 Inch Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - 1024 * 768 Capacitive 10 Point Touch Screen, 1.6GHz Processor, 16GB storage, 1GB DDR3 Memory, Ultra Thin, 9.7mm design - 3D Output - Flash 11.1 - New Google Play installed -

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom