1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which amps accept Firewire/IEE1394 input?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cerebros, Mar 22, 2003.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I notice that Pioneer's 757Ai has Firewire output, but unless it's hidden extremely well, none of Pioneer's current AV amp line-up seems to have Firewire inputs, and I can't seem to find any amps from others with these inputs.

Anyone know of any shipping or announced products with these inputs?

2. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Good God, I must be going blind! I skimmed through the specs quite quickly early on. How i missed the numerous mentions I'll never know...

4. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Shame their more affordable amps & receivers don't have this feature too... (I'm turning into something of a spaghetti-phobe, so the idea of one cable from a DVD-A/SACD deck to amp is increasingly tempting...)

5. Jimmysil

Jimmysil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pioneer are bringing out some new AV receivers in the summer, you never know they may start putting Firewire on some of the lower price models.

Jimmysil

6. Ron Hill

Ron Hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's EXACTLY what i'm holding out for.

The "word" is that the Pioneer 2011 replacement will have the firewire connection. Hopefully something further down than the 757 on the player front will also have firewire and be SACD/DVD-A capable in the not too distant future.

7. Ron Hill

Ron Hill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing. I notice a few people in here mentioning a bargain price on the AX10i in a bundle with the 757ai. Could someone post the link and save me trawling. :)

8. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Pioneer at CES, Las Vegas (Jan 2003) announced some of the new range VSX-D912-K(VSX-D1011 ??? in Europe), VSX-D812-K, VSX-D712-K and VSX-D412-K (VSX-VSX-D511 in Europe ???) and I see the Pioneer USA site has info now on the range but the North American models don't have Firewire sadly.

Though what the European versions of these models will have Firewire I don't know, Though I some how doubt Pioneer will bother to offer Firewire on European versions due this summer of the new range and will probably keep things like Firewire for Top of the range models only as a buying feature.