Which amp ?

terb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ,could do with some advice please I have a decent Ht set up and have just added the B&W 603s2 and
Htm6 s2 centre these and my other 5 speakers are being run by a denon 4400h avr ,I would like to get the most out of 603s2 with music but also in HT ,do I go 2ch stereo for music or 3ch or 5ch power amp and what would you recommend ,budget up to if needed 2k many thanks for any replys

You have the following possible configurations

5 monoblocs with the denon
2 channel power amp with the denon
3 channel power amp with the denon
5 channel power amp with the denon
Stereo analogue pre amplifier with HT bypass with a 2,3 or 5 channel amp *
Stereo analogue pre amplifier with HT bypass with a two x 2 channel amp for biamping
Stereo analogue pre amplifier with HT bypass with a four x monobloc amp for biamping
Stereo digital pre amplifier with HT bypass with a 2,3 or 5 channel amp
Stereo digital pre amplifier with HT bypass with a two x 2 channel amp for biamping
Stereo digital pre amplifier with HT bypass with a four x monobloc amp for biamping
Stereo analogue integrated amplifier with HT bypass with a 2,3 or 5 channel amp
Stereo analogue integrated amplifier with HT bypass with two x 2 channel amp for biamping
Stereo analogue integrated amplifier with HT bypass with four x monobloc amp for biamping
Stereo digital integrated amplifier with HT bypass with a 2,3 or 5 channel amp
Stereo digital integrated amplifier with HT bypass with a two channel amp for biamping. *
Or any other possible combination of stereo amp, denon, different number of amps, ie three monoblocs, with denon avr using for rest, or a stereo pre amp with two blocs with denon etc.

Also other options in the future so you plan ahead, for example if you decide to use your Denon as pure AV pre only and then eventually get a AV pre amp, in that case decide how that'll work with the options, number of channels of amps, the number of speakers, if you're biamping or not, the number of boxes you want. Ie if you don't want that many boxes, but you get 13 monoblocs then that would be wrong choice. But you may not want a multi-channel amp to interfere with a stereo system so you could go a 2/3+ remaining multi channel 8 channel (since LCR is most demanding)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom