Which Amp......?

G

gaidin

I currently have an Onkyo 606 amp which has a HDMI handshake problem so its back to Richer Sounds with it for repair so I am using this as an excuse to buy a new amp and then sell on the repaired Onkyo.

So far I have looked at the Denon 1910 for £429, the Yamaha 1065 for £509 or the Pioneer 919 for £440. I will be powering Kef 3005SE in a 7.1 config, with Bluray and skyHD and my Gaming PC. Just can't decide which would be the better option?

One review compared the Yamaha with the Denon 2310, so would that automatically make it better than the Denon 1910..?

Also, How much could I expect to get for the Onkyo, with 3 years left on the supercare warranty..?

Robsk1

I currently have an Onkyo 606 amp which has a HDMI handshake problem so its back to Richer Sounds with it for repair so I am using this as an excuse to buy a new amp and then sell on the repaired Onkyo.

So far I have looked at the Denon 1910 for £429, the Yamaha 1065 for £509 or the Pioneer 919 for £440. I will be powering Kef 3005SE in a 7.1 config, with Bluray and skyHD and my Gaming PC. Just can't decide which would be the better option?

One review compared the Yamaha with the Denon 2310, so would that automatically make it better than the Denon 1910..?

Also, How much could I expect to get for the Onkyo, with 3 years left on the supercare warranty..?

The review you are referring to is on the WHF web site and they will, iirc, be comparing the 2310 and 1065 in the next issue (I think) but they review it at the original RRP of £700 but the current price is £500 ish (who knows when and if it will increase) and seems to be steal.

It's quite obvious from that review that they deem it better than the 1910 so for an extra £70 you are getting a better amp.

Best thing for you to do would be try for a demo with the 1910 and the 1065. Do you live near a Sevenoaks Hifi shop or similar?

With regards to the price for your 606, I replied to a thread today about someone choosing between a refurbed 606 or a new 507 for £250 and the 606 came with a 2 year guarantee. So from this i'm guessing you'll be looking to get a similar amount. Maybe a tad less.

Godsbruv

Standard Member
The review you are referring to is on the WHF web site and they will, iirc, be comparing the 2310 and 1065 in the next issue (I think) but they review it at the original RRP of £700 but the current price is £500 ish (who knows when and if it will increase) and seems to be steal.

It's quite obvious from that review that they deem it better than the 1910 so for an extra £70 you are getting a better amp.

Best thing for you to do would be try for a demo with the 1910 and the 1065. Do you live near a Sevenoaks Hifi shop or similar?

With regards to the price for your 606, I replied to a thread today about someone choosing between a refurbed 606 or a new 507 for £250 and the 606 came with a 2 year guarantee. So from this i'm guessing you'll be looking to get a similar amount. Maybe a tad less.

Aha that'd be me then :) placed my order today... you can find one on the bay at the mo if you want to see what it goes for.

Onkyo TX-SR606 HOME CINEMA AMP on eBay (end time 16-Oct-09 19:00:04 BST)

Harvey

G

gaidin

Thanx, It'll be interesting to see how much it goes for.

I heard the Yamaha had a problem assigning optical to HDMI inputs, I assume this has been fixed now..?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom