Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

which amp with senn555

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by punkjr, Oct 16, 2005.

1. punkjr

punkjr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i have a set of sennheser hd555's and plan on using them to listen to music (sacd and dvd-audio) and movies. i am currently looking at the 3805 but i'm not sure if this amp is well matched to the 555's. is it overkill and if not will i benefit from a headphone amp aswell? thanks in advance for any help.
    tom

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Take your headphones to a dealer and plug 'em in! Only way you will find out if they are a working combination.

3. punkjr

punkjr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that would be the ideal thing for me to do however i live in an isolated area and the closest town has a hifi shop that only has the 1803. so any help would be appreciated. i guess what i really want to know is for headphone use, is there a big difference between say an 1803 to a 3805? i know there is a big difference as far as 5.1 or 7.1 goes, but for 50/50 ht/music is there a difference for cans? (i know listening is personal taste, but generally speaking)