1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which amp/reciever out of these two?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by oxygenuk, Sep 15, 2004.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    ive been looking at these two but cant decide on which one to get the 6.1 ( http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1434 ) i think looks probably the better option and is the better option according to the guy at the sony centre i was speaking to yesterday for about 30 mins or theres always the 7.1 here ( http://www.avland.co.uk/sony/strdb795/strdb795.htm ) but apparently the 6.1 has alot better features and better spec than the 7.1 the only better thing the 7.1 having is the 7th channel input i think, but after all 6.1 is still very much future proof because most movies are still 5.1, a few 6.1 and i dont think that are 7.1, so what are your opinions guys? you also think the 6.1 is the better option?

2. MagicBoy

MagicBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Erm, nice punctuation!

The 795 is replacing the 790.
    Differences :
    795 is 7.1 at 100W/channel, 790 is 6.1 at 90W channel
    795 gains additional co-ax digital input, and Dolby Pro-Logic IIx processing.

Both have 5.1 Multichannel in and no preouts, so lack of upgradeability is the same. Buy on the functions/availability/price that suits you.

3. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    please close topic..

decided on the pioneer vsx-d814 hence my signature.