1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Amp/Rcvr & Spkr with Pan DMR-E100 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JimSpriggs, Oct 15, 2003.

1. JimSpriggs

JimSpriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm putting together my first home-cinema setup and I'd like to build it round the Panasonic DMR-E100 DVD recorder. I'm looking for recommendations for amp/receiver and speaker combinations. SWMBO says speakers must be small! Units must be able to fit into the stand for Loewe Articos and be controllable through on-screen menus. Looking to spend no more than about £1500 including the E100

All advise gratefuly received.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
  3. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    Jim

JM labs Sib and Cub - see hifi bitz ad at top of page. They have had good reviews and other forum members seem to like 'em. Or the ubiquitous KEF eggs, which may take a bigger chunk of your budget. Or the Elac cinema 1 package even.

Don't know how much your DVD recorder costs but for an amp, a mid range Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer or Denon should do the trick nicely. I believe the Pioneer may have some auto calibration features which can prove useful in set up.

I doubt if there is any great difference between any of them TBH. Look around for the best deal would be my advice.

Plus budget for some decent (but not overpriced) cabling and interconnects, maybe £100 for these.

HTH

Chris

4. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Chris is right about the amps he recommends - they are all good, but I doubt you will get any of them onto your telly stand. Go for the slim-line models in the link above.

5. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +504
    Doh

I was thinking it was just the speakers to put on the telly stand. I don't have a TV any more so all my stuffs on a stand.

Pioneer's new slimline digital amp has had some good reviews and costs about £500 (I think). It was in a What Hi-Fi round up recently and did pretty well.

Chris