1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which amp for Mission FS2s?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jon smith, Nov 1, 2001.

1. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I've just bought a set up of Mission FS2s. How much should I be looking to spend on an amp to go with these speakers. I would like an amp with EX/ES capability, but don't want to pay more for higher spec the speakers won't use.

Any recommendations?

2. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may sound odd but youve just bought a 5.1 set of speakers (assuming ive got the model right). Which is tightly intergrated to the sub and therefore not easily upgradable , if at all. And you now want a es/ex amp. ?
    Is it only me who sees this as very odd.
    ??:eek:

3. riddler

riddler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On closer look it seems you can add extra "bits" but i still find it an odd choice.
    Looking at the specs on those puppies id have a look at the denon 2802 for your requirements.

4. 9004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah the Denon 2802 is a great amp if you can find one, like hens teeth at the moment, and probably will be 'til new year. Wire up the FS2s using the supplied umbilical for 5.1, and wire another pair of panels into the the amps for the other channel. If you don't use the umbilical, you tend to get a big hole between the mid-range and the bass, due to the higher cut-off on the panels.