Which Amp For Aelites?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DannyBoy1, Dec 28, 2006.

1. DannyBoy1

DannyBoy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    :thumbsup: Hi Guys
    I've just bought the Aelite 5.1 package and am now on the lookout for an av reciever that will do it justice it'll be used 80% movies 20% music and i've already completely blown my budget on the speakers-£899.
    I'm was thinking sony 1200es for 300 but am now of the mind to go for a yamaha 1700 at about £625 as I'm not going to be able to audition either amp as i'm buying off the net a don't think it's fair to waste the shops time if i'm not going to buy from there. All i really want to know is are there any major issues with an Aelite yamaha 1700/Sony 1200es recievers

Thanks in advance
    Kit
    Hitachi tx 200 HD projector
    Pixel Magic Media Box
    Aelites 5.1
    Xbox

2. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there mate

well i would recommend the new sony Sony STRDA1200 amp which costs about 349 quid from richersounds.co.uk

i am curently using the yamaha rx-v359 which they sell for less than 150 quid great budget amp but no birewire and 5x100 watts per channel but the sony is 7x100 watts and has biwire i say buy a copy of the what hifi mag from whsmith and have a look as this amp is ther ebest amp under 400 quid and i would recommend this i am looking to buy this in the next few months

good luck and you can demo this amp from the richersounds branches so take ur music cds and dvd and test them instores