1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Amp can I buy

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by commando850, Feb 9, 2002.

1. commando850

commando850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to buy an Amp but I can't seem to find one that fits my requirements. i want an amp that has a built in dolby digital 5.1 decoder as my DVD hasn't got one, a built in radio, but most important of all it must only be 100mm high so it can fit in my cabinet an ideas without breaking the bank anyone

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you've been looking specifically for amp's, then you'll never find what you want. What you are looking for is an AV Receiver, which is an amp with an inbuilt radio tuner.

But 100mm high? 10cm? Are you serious? You've got very, very little chance, unless you're willing to shell out for something like the Sony HTK215 or HTSL7A, which really aren't worth the money.

3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    a small amp is what, 13-14cm high? It is worth making room for a bigger one.

One more things, AV recievers get HOT. They need breathing room all around. You shove it in a space with a VCR and DVD deck, and it's meltdown time.

4. philmate

philmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Extra expense I know but change the cabinet and hey you could choose virtually any amp on the market depending on your budget , it''ll make sense in the long run.

Philmate.