Question Which Amp between RXV677 and STRDN1050

sep8001

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi

I have seen two amps that I like but cannot decide on which one to go for, please help?

The amp is to be used with Bose Acoustimass 10 and would be used for watching movies and streaming music.

Thank you

Both receivers are similar quality so which is best will depend on your personal sound preference so almost impossible for someone else to say which is best for you. Try to get a demo and pick the one you prefer. Both probably deserve better speakers than the Bose to get the best from them.

For features I'd go for the Sony, for me, for sound quality, I'd go for the Yamaha, but as PSM1 said, sort out a demo of both and make your own mind up. You will be the one listening to it at the end of the day.

Thank you all for the replies. Any idea where I may be able to listen to both around the N/NW London Area?

Have a look out for a richer sounds, they will do demo set ups for you with speakers of your choice.

Have a read on what hifi, I find the reviews to be a fair assessment for the non audiophile such as me.

I would advice against What Hifi reviews since they are the same people who report differences between HDMI cables. I would not trust a word they write to be honest.

Lol, what he says, he knows more than me, true story.

Psm1, do you know of any independent review sites other than here?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom