Which Amazon Fire TV to get?

GazCBG

Hi,

I am looking at getting a Amazon Fire TV, but not sure which one to get, I have narrowed it down to 2, which are:
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k Max and Amazon Fire TV Cube and was wondering which is the better one to get?

Thanks.

Regards,
Gaz

PS. I think I posted in the right forum, if not can a mod/admin move it please.

The only real difference between the two:
The cube has a built in Alexa/Echo in the cube, and comes with an external (usb) ethernet adapter. The interface feels snappier.
You can add an external (usb) ethernet adapter to the stick.

Both have an alexa remote (push the blue button and speak while holding it, dont need to say "alexa") If you don't touch the blue button, it's (the remote) not listening.

That's about it.

edit...oh, the cube also has an IR Extender, so it can control more stuff that isn't line-of-site, like your stereo or something.."Alexa, turn up the...turn off the...etc.."

David Alexander

I had the fire tv 4K, with Amazon HD music app this wouldn’t recognise my Arcam as being 24 bit 192Hz capable, which it is. The Cube could. There are threads about this on other forums as it also affected some other AVR manufacturers. The Max version may be different.

Justdean

Novice Member
Hi,

I am looking at getting a Amazon Fire TV, but not sure which one to get, I have narrowed it down to 2, which are:
Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k Max and Amazon Fire TV Cube and was wondering which is the better one to get?

Thanks.

Regards,
Gaz

PS. I think I posted in the right forum, if not can a mod/admin move it please.
This one is good and its very cheap
go for the max tv stick its got the new wifi on it the cube hs not

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom