• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which all in one - please help!

Coffin

Distinguished Member
Hi..I'm trying to source an all in one Blu Ray player for my sister. I have separates myself but she's doesn't really require anything that extensive and in truth I don't know if she'd see or hear the difference! The Sony BDV-E870 looks decent but doesn't quite fit the bill.

The system must ideally have:

* BD with DVD upscaling (standard I think!)
* At least 1 HDMI input, maybe 2
* Optical in, for Sky
* Component (& audio in), for Wii (if not composite will do it)
* 5.1 speakers included

Presumably as well any all in one BD system has the ability to decode and output uncompressed HD audio :confused: :)

On top of that the actual functionality of the unit i.e the picture and sound quality must be good otherwise the whole object is defeated! :D

Any ideas if there's something out there that fits the bill? Thanks :thumbsup:

jumborat

Established Member
The Samsung HT-C5500 has 2 HDMI inputs and fits the bill in everything except for component or composite in. I doubt you'll find an all in one that can upconvert an analogue input to HDMI. The Wii would need to be connected straight to the TV with the audio phonos to the receiver.

If tallboys are required then there's the HT-C5550 but it's considerably more expensive and approaching the cost of decent seperates.

Coffin

Distinguished Member
Thanks jumborat. Can't find much on the HT-C550 here on the forums so will look for some reviews. I guess wireless speaker technology has improved then?! :)

Oh and I thought something with component in was pushing it a bit! Thankfully the TV has it anyhow :smashin:

Last edited:

adbailey18

Distinguished Member
If you've not decided on your kit yet, I would highly recommend the C5550. I got it for £399.99 and very impressed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom