1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which all in one, JVC,Marantz or Denon?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Sicilian, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi guys,

Need some avice please. I have at the mo the Sony DAVSC8. Due to a problem with it empiredirect r gonna change it for another model.

Problem is I dont really know what to choose. When I ordered the sony I knew what is looked & sounded like so I was happy to order it.

I've been looking at the following systems, please give your opinions:-

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=JVC-QPF30AL&clear=

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=MAR-HOLLYWOOD-BOX&clear=

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=DEN-AV770&clear=

Another one I looked at is the http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=PAN-SCHT37R&clear=

What should I go for. Please help & I've only got one chance.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Anyone?

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    there are threads on this page about those models! try having a look in there because people like myself will see this thread and just repeat what has been said before which is a waste of time. sorry for sounding an a$$hole, im sleepy but if you have any specific questions that hasnt been covered some where else i'll galdly try to help

PS: what display is the system hooking to ?? what inputs does it have this will give you a better indication ! seeing as all the systems are Prog Scan i'll hazard a guess at LCD/Plasma

4. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Its going to hooked up to a Hitachi 42DP5300 plasma which has component inputs.

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    do you have many NTSC dvd's ??? the denon IIRC is only PAL Prog Scan ! i want to have a full demo of that system myself but there is nowhere locally that has it :( the marantz i found to be excellent. i have a review of both scanned from a mag if you want em ! PM email addy and i'll gladly pass them on

6. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Just ordered the marantz system. Read reveiw which was excellent. I will post tommorrow night with what I think of it. Yes I have loads of ntsc dvd's. Amazing what torrents u can find nowadays . :)

7. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Received the Hollywood system. Wow what can I say. Its sounds the dogs nuts for movie & music. This thing is miles better than my sony hifi.

WOW is all I can say.

8. Nippy_Kangaroo

Nippy_Kangaroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Bauer, :hiya:

Were you refering to this denon package when you said it was only pal progressive? http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=DEN-AV770&clear=

Just wondered because it says here that it is both NTSC & PAL progressive http://www.discounelectricaldb.co.uk/catalog/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/107/products_id/496

Hope it is coz i was going to buy :rolleyes:

Just hit me if this is the wrong system you were thinking of coz im a bit think :p :suicide:

9. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    to be honest it was a while ago and im not 100% certain it dosnt support NTSC Prog Scan. i just remember from somewhere that it was only Pal Prog Scan. i researched so many systems lately i may have got wire mixed up somewhere. im sorry for the idiotism if im wrong

PS yes that is the system i was refering to in both links

10. Nippy_Kangaroo

Nippy_Kangaroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    phew, i hope its NTSC prog scan but I'm going to check 1st before going ahead and buying one coz it doesnt state on denons website that it is which is a little strange as its a feature you'd expect em to mention. :confused:

what cinema system have you got BauerCTU?

11. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    dont have an AIO at the moment using seperates borrowed of some 1. i had a sony AIO about 3 yrs ago then upgraded it to a Pio DCS 303 about 15 months ago which i gave to parents in march this year! i loved that pio best thing ive ever bought ever. now as the person's sepertes im using is back of his round the world trip he wants em back :( and now i want the Denon 770SD AIO to go with a lovely new plasma im saving for (nearly there :clap: )

12. Nippy_Kangaroo

Nippy_Kangaroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too :hiya: :zonked:

13. Sicilian

Sicilian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I wish to change my above comments now, after using it for 7 days. :(

Sound quality aint bad, but the dvd play is pants! It wont even play dvd r's correctly. I'm using ritek go4 discs.

Sent the system back for a refund. :(