1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Aerial Set Top Box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RON, Nov 21, 2002.

1. RON

RON
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think i need to upgrade my aerial i cant get itv1 2 or c4 from Rowbridge .
    Hannington is just over the hill about 10 miles away but our aerial is pointing at Rowbridge because the signal from Hanington isnot very good because of the hill Rowbridge is aboute 40 miles away.
    So which aerial do i need and bits and peces to get a good signal ive been toying with a Televes dat 45 or dat 75 do you have exsperiance of these are they any good and will they get all the channels from both transmitters if i point it at one or the other.
    Normal tv reception isnt to bad chanel 5 is a bit fuzzy as is sotton tv but the rest are good thought the dat 75 might be over kill we also have a mast head amp.
    Have u seen these aerials cheap in hampshire to buy.

Thanck you.

2. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only way to find out with out a digital meter is try it, just use a decent quality wide- band aerial with a balun, and a good quality copper screened satellite cable (ctu 100 etc ) with no joins from the aerial to receiver . Your best bet will probably be to get an experianced aerial installer to tell you if its possible to get reception where you are.