Which Acer 6930G ?

Bowlly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I was going to purchase a Acer 6930G which will be used for some gaming but have found two specs which are the same price. Which is the better for gaming ?

Thanks
ProcessorIntel® Core™ 2 Duo (T6400 - 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB) Screen16" (HD 1366 x 768 resolution, high-brightness (220- cd/m2) Acer CineCrystal™ TFT LCD, 8 ms high-def response time, 16:9 aspect ratio) Operating SystemWindows Vista Home Premium Edition RAMHIGH (3072MB 3GB) Hard Drive250GB SATA Optical DriveBlu-Ray (Blu-Ray HD Play back + DVD-RW & CD-RW) GraphicsDedicated (NVIDIA® GeForce® 9300M GS with 256MB Dediacted RAM) Wireless LANWireless (WIFI LINK A,B,G,N Includes MIMO) Network Card10/100/1000 Gigabit Fast Ethernet Integrated WebcamYes (CrystalEye Webcam) Card Reader5-in-1 card reader (SD//MS/MS-Pro/MMC/xD-Picture card™) USB Ports4x USB 2.0 Ports SpeakersDolby®5-certified surround sound system with two built-in stereo speakers and one subwoofer supporting low-frequency effects Modem56.6K Modem VGA Port1 External VGA Port Kensington LockKensington lock slot Charge Time2.0 Hours ExpressCardExpressCard™/54 slot HDMI1 HDMI Connector Finger Print ReaderFingerprint Reader Battery Life2-3 Hours (This Specific Model 2.5-hours) Weight3-4 Kg (This Model 3.68kg) Warranty12 Months Acer Collect & Return
or

• AMD Turion X2 RM-72 dual core processor.
  • 2.1GHz processor speed.
  • 1Mb cache.
  • 4GB RAM.

• 250GB hard drive.
  • Multi format dual layer CD/DVD drive with DVD & Blu-Ray movie playback.

• 16in HD widescreen.
  • Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 graphics display with 512MB VRAM graphics memory.

• 1 Ethernet port.
  • Wireless/WiFi enabled - b/g/n.

• 4 USB ports.
  • 1 HDMI port.
  • 5 in 1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD).

• Dolby sound system 2.0 (2 built-in speakers)
  • Fingerprint reader.
  • Integrated 0.3MP webcam.

• Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium.
  • Microsoft Works 8.5 software application.
  • Preloaded with anti-virus security software with a minimum 30 trial.
  • Preloaded by the manufacturer with a suite of applications which include: music, photo, movie, business, tuition and gaming software.
  • Adobe Acrobat reader.

• Up to 3.3 hours battery life.
  • Size (H)4.4, (W)38.5, (D)27.8cm.
  • Weight 3.4kg.

Thanks, that is really helpful and like the spec of the machine you suggested, the only problem is its about £100 over budget, I was looking to spend about £400. Liked the acer because it had the blu-ray + could do some gaming, do you know of any other makes which may compare. I have had an acer in the past and wasn't too impressed as it died aftr about 3 years, but then I purchased another and that seems to be better, interesting the first was an amd processor and this one is an intel but its only about 2 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I may look to see if the one you suggested can be found a bit cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom