Which A3

nufc_fan

Looking at a new A£ Sportback.

Anyone drive one? Suggestions on the model to go for?

I am thinking the 1.4 (140) Sport, although may consider s-line and spec the standard suspension. Not sure if this is really much value.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
S-line used to be top spec, so that was one I went for.
But I'm not sure it is any more?
We have an A3 sportback (2.0tdi) on the fleet and it doesn't even have bluetooth phone, which is shocking for a £22k car.
If you do go S-line, you are right to spec standard suspension.
The suspension in the fleet S-line shocks me every time I drive it.
And I drive a Mini with 17" wheels.

markymark34

Spot on with the s-line suspension, certainly in pre 2013 cars that I've driven. awful.
What mileage do you do? petrol/diesel choice.
s line is still the top of the range as far as i know, unless they have a limited edition model floating around like the black edition they did a while back. Seems to be some good buys on audis at the min, they are offering £4k off a new A4 from a main dealer.

Exemplar

Banned
S-line used to be top spec, so that was one I went for.
But I'm not sure it is any more?
We have an A3 sportback (2.0tdi) on the fleet and it doesn't even have bluetooth phone, which is shocking for a £22k car.
If you do go S-line, you are right to spec standard suspension.
The suspension in the fleet S-line shocks me every time I drive it.
And I drive a Mini with 17" wheels.
Odd as our 14 Plate A1 S-Line does!

Exemplar

Banned
Spot on with the s-line suspension, certainly in pre 2013 cars that I've driven. awful.
s line is still the top of the range as far as i know, unless they have a limited edition model floating around like the black edition they did a while back. Seems to be some good buys on audis at the min, they are offering £4k off a new A4 from a main dealer.
S-Line is top but there are special editions in the S-Line such as the 'Black' (which can come in white... those crazy Germans...). These special edition s have a higher spec again.

Exemplar

Banned
The A3 we have on the fleet is a 61 plate (going back to the lease company soon).
Even for 2011 though, the lack of bluetooth as standard seemed pretty shocking.
Bloody old nail....

johny1980

I think you could get a few K more off to.

8k of a6's which is fantastic value for money atm.

m4rky_m4rk

I have a A3 2tdi sportback Quattro. I love it. Its my winter car. The S-line had lower suspension and I wanted a car that could handle the snow so it didn't make sense. Bluetooth came with the phone adapter.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom