1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which A/V Sender?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Chrisp2175, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Chrisp2175

Chrisp2175

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need some advice on choosing a Video "sender", to wirelessly transmit a signal from my downstairs satellite reciever, to my upstairs television.

Most of the units I see are transmitting at 2.4 ghz.

What brand/unit can give me the best signal quality for my tv?

The television is an LCD/TFT unit, but is NOT Hi-Def (the unit downstairs is high definition).
    The screen is only 15", so this is mainly to watch stuff in bed before falling asleep, rather than as primary viewing.

Still, I would like to get as crisp a picture as I can.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I'm using the Philips VL1200... Works perfectly, even alongside my wireless network router..! Picture is composite only, which is fine for my 14" bedroom portable...

3. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    Best ones generally are Philips and AEI Digisenders.

If you want to use NTL or Telewest most senders DO NOT relay the remote control back, so be careful.

However, AEI do a DG400 Gold which works with everything but it costs £120.

Other than that Oneforall have got a new one out the SV1720 which is also NTL remote compatible and has RGB passthrough approx £90.

Basic ones come with 2 scart inputs, expect to pay more for upto 4 AV inputs with more sophisticated output control.

Quality on all these is top quality and there is very little to choose between them.