Which 8m HDMI Cable?

rooo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a run where I need a bare minimum of an 8m HDMI cable (yes I wish it was 7.5m!).

The Supra cable I had was faulty and I am loathe to get another one the same.

I've done a search and many of the other threads seem to recommend Lindy or Bettercables. Lindy seem to have discontinued every cable above 7.5m according to their website, and the Bettercables 8m is going to cost around £162 with shipping from the US which is more than I wanted to pay.

Can anyone recommend any other around the £100 mark that will work on this distance?

Hi rooo,

I know I've answered you on a different thread, but for the benefit of others I can recommend Chord. I use a 15m Chord HDMI and it performs flawlessly.

I think the 5m is around the £100 mark and the 8m is around £140

Thanks Pingu, I started this thread before I saw your response, but it would be interesting to hear any I've not thought about.

rooo

Not that it alters the price but please note the BetterCables Display Magic cables are available in the UK - you don't need to ship them from the US!

Lindy is one of the few options if you want an 8m HDMI for sub £100.00 - though worth noting Lindy do 7.5m and 10m.

Best regards

Joe

Joe Fernand said:
rooo

Not that it alters the price but please note the BetterCables Display Magic cables are available in the UK - you don't need to ship them from the US!

Lindy is one of the few options if you want an 8m HDMI for sub £100.00 - though worth noting Lindy do 7.5m and 10m.

Best regards

Joe

Thanks Joe.

I have just had confirmation that it was the Supra cable at fault. Although they cannot swap it as they have withdrawn them and are redesigning the HDMI cables and won't be available until November. So I have had a refund and am going to try the Bettercables 8m HDMI.

Taffy is not going to be happy!!!

The BetterCables are available on Sale or Return so you can try them before you lay out the cash.

Joe

How would I go about this Joe?

I'm after the 8m one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom