1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which 7-8m HDMI cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sapkan, Mar 2, 2005.

1. sapkan

sapkan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am in the market for a 7 to 8m HDMI cable. Looking to spend around £100. So far I have been able to find a Supra 8m around the hundred mark and a slightly cheaper QED 7m. Is there anything else I should look at? Which is better between the Qed and the Supra ( if any diff. at all)? :lease:

2. Fahad

Fahad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also in the market for a 10m HDMI cable at one end, with a M1 DA VESA end on the other (to feed into a Infocus PJ). If you buy an HDMI cable, is it possible to just add an M1 adaptor, or does that defeat the purpose/reduce quality?

Thanks

3. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Don't think you can get a staright HDMI to M1 cable in this country...I have heard word of people importing them from as far way as Australia!!! :eek:

However if you get an adaptor from HDMI to the M1 connector on the PJ you will find no signal loss...and a helluva lot cheaper. You can get these at: http://www.mediaatlantic.com/product.php?xProd=20929

:smashin:

4. Fahad

Fahad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lee, thanks a lot. Have just ordered the adaptor. Now all I have to figure out is what HDMI 10m cable to go for! I've been told Banbridge at £100 is not good, the QED at £200 is ok, or go for £300+ ones which is out of my league!

5. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14